SICK is an independent, thoughtful magazine by chronically ill & disabled people, founded & edited by Olivia Spring and designed by Kaiya Waerea. Founded in Norwich, UK in 2019, SICK is currently based out of Maine, USA and London, UK.
SICK is committed to elevating the voices of sick & disabled people by publishing essays, features, poetry, visual art, interviews, and more. Our aim is to increase representation of sick & disabled people in publishing and the arts, and to challenge the harmful stereotypes and misconceptions surrounding disability.
Issue 2 is now available to order here, and we are currently accepting submissions until 23rd April.
You can buy SICK online and at 23 shops across seven countries. Please note that some locations are currently closed or online-only due to COVID-19.
- magCulture, Housmans, Stack, TenderBooks, Burley Fisher Books, BOOKS Peckham, Atika, The Second Shelf, The Horse Hospital (London)
- Arnolfini, BAM Store + Space, The DIY Supermarket (Bristol)
- Rare Mags (Stockport)
- Magalleria (Bath)
- Good Press, The Alchemy Experiment(Glasgow)
- Shelflife (Cardiff)
- Iconic Magazines, McNally Jackson (NYC)
- BYE BYE NEIGHBOR (NYC-based online shop)