SICK is committed to elevating the voices of sick & disabled people by publishing work not just about illness and disability, but also identity, life & culture, politics, and more. Our aim is to increase representation of sick & disabled people in publishing and the arts, and to challenge the harmful stereotypes and misconceptions surrounding disability.
Issue 01, a 34-page ‘preview’ zine, was published in August 2019, featuring 10 contributors. A longer issue 2 will be published in spring/summer 2020.
You can buy SICK online and at 18 shops in six countries:
- Tate Modern, Housmans, The Second Shelf (London)
- Arnolfini, BAM Store + Space (Bristol)
- Magalleria (Bath)
- Elm (Norwich)
- Lighthouse (Edinburgh)
- ROSA WOLF (Berlin)
- do you read me?! (Berlin)
- Athenaeum Nieuwscentrum (Amsterdam)
- under the cover (Lisbon)
- Iconic Magazines, McNally Jackson, Artbook @ MoMa PS1, Bluestockings (NYC)
- BYE BYE NEIGHBOR (NYC-based online shop)
- Skylight Books (Los Angeles, CA)
- ISSUES (Oakland, CA)