SICK is an independent thoughtful magazine written and created by chronically ill & disabled people, for all to enjoy.
We believe that chronic illness and disability influence the way we see and are seen in the world. SICK is committed to elevating these voices by publishing work not just about illness and disability, but also identity, life & culture, politics, and more. Our aim is to increase representation of sick & disabled people in publishing and the arts, and to challenge the harmful stereotypes and misconceptions surrounding disability.
You can buy SICK online and at 18 shops in six countries:
- Tate Modern, Housmans, The Second Shelf (London)
- Arnolfini (Bristol)
- Magalleria (Bath)
- Elm (Norwich)
- Lighthouse (Edinburgh)
- ROSA WOLF (Berlin)
- do you read me?! (Berlin)
- Athenaeum Nieuwscentrum (Amsterdam)
- under the cover (Lisbon)
- Iconic Magazines, McNally Jackson, Artbook @ MoMa PS1, Bluestockings (NYC)
- BYE BYE NEIGHBOR (NYC-based online shop)
- Skylight Books (Los Angeles, CA)
- ISSUES (Oakland, CA)