SICK is an independent, thoughtful magazine by chronically ill & disabled people, founded & edited by Olivia Spring and designed by Kaiya Waerea.
SICK is committed to elevating the voices of sick & disabled people by publishing essays, features, poetry, visual art, interviews, and more. Our aim is to increase representation of sick & disabled people in publishing and the arts, and to challenge the harmful stereotypes and misconceptions surrounding disability.
Issue 2 is now available to order here. PLEASE NOTE we are not accepting submissions at this time, but will open our submission window again for issue 3. Please see below for more information and frequently asked questions.
You can buy SICK online and at 16 shops in five countries:
- Tate Modern, Housmans, The Second Shelf (London)
- Arnolfini, BAM Store + Space (Bristol)
- Magalleria (Bath)
- Elm (Norwich)
- ROSA WOLF, do you read me?! (Berlin)
- Athenaeum Nieuwscentrum (Amsterdam)
- Under the cover (Lisbon)
- Iconic Magazines, McNally Jackson, Artbook @MoMA PS1, Bluestockings (NYC)
- BYE BYE NEIGHBOR (NYC-based online shop)
- Skylight Books (Los Angeles, CA)